The World’s Best EDM Festival: Tomorrowland, Belgium
Festivals have always been something Jacob and I have enjoyed, even before we became a couple and attending them together made it even more fun.
After living in the USA for 5 years, there was never a shortage of festival options, whether it was Coachella in California, Ultra Music Festival in Miami or Electric Zoo in New York, we loved every one of them, but we knew there was always something bigger and better over in Europe.
The most sought-after EDM (Electronic Dance Music) festival in the world. The festival that draws 2 million people online for their chance to buy tickets. The festival that sells 180,000 tickets in a blink of an eye. The festival that allows an entire terminal at the airport to be taken over by attendees. The festival that turns a Boeing 747 into a party mid-air. The festival that brings together 180,000 attendees from over 100 countries worldwide. The festival that is Tomorrowland!
Quick Facts about Tomorrowland:
- What is it: The largest EDM festival in the world, originating in 2005.
- When is it: Every Summer usually towards the end of July.
- Where: Boom, located between Brussels and Antwerp, Belgium.
- Attendance: In 2005 when the festival first began there were 9000 people, in 2016 there were 180,000.
- Price: Depending on your type of ticket, one day passes start at 98€, 3 day passes 272€ and for some packages, as high as 6000€. Costs depend mainly on accommodation choices.
- Past Performers: Think of any EDM DJ in the world and I’m sure they have been. Otherwise; Armin van Buuren, Axwell Ingrosso, Steve Angelo, David Guetta, Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike, Steve Aoki, Martin Garrix, Martin Solveig are regulars and some of our favourites.
- Theme: Every year is a new theme, this year was Elixir of Life. “ Trust your senses… Take a deep breath and enter the gorgeous tale that will be written during your weekend. The Elixir of Life has the magnificent ability to bring you to your future, and your past. Live Today, Love Tomorrow, Unite Forever.”
Tomorrowland is more than just a music festival. It is an adult playground with an entire theatrical production. It is well known for its incredible lineup, mind-blowing sets, over the top magical scenery and the incredible firework and laser shows.
Let us take you on our 4-day journey…
How to get a ticket to Tomorrowland
Getting a ticket is obviously the most important part of it all. We won’t go into detail of all the different choices because it would take up the entirety of the post, however, please see the following page should you want to know your options.
Your tickets are wristbands that become your electronic wallet for the entirety of the festival. The festival is cashless and everything is charged for via your wristband. Prior to the festival, you load your money onto it and anything not spent will be returned.
The Global Journey Package
In a nutshell, the 3 day passes sell out almost instantly and you are considered extremely lucky if you can snatch up one of them on the date of sale. The best chance you have of getting a ticket is purchasing the “Global Journey Package“. This package is an organised package that includes everything you need!
Inside your Global Journey you’ll receive your flights (from your choice of selected European countries along with countries worldwide), hotel or camping (variety to choose from), the 3 day pass, transfers to and from the airport and festival, pre-parties, your flag, a goodie bag, a detox day and of course, the chance to meet people from all over! Although the package is a little more expensive, it is by far the most stress-free way to attend Tomorrowland.